Why I chose Johnson
I chose Cornell due to its reputation, alumni network, and the fact that Cornell’s Executive MBA program affords me the taste of a regular full-time MBA experience without taking me away from New York City.
Distinctions and AwardsClass Captain, Annual Fund
June 14 2016
A Look Back at my Cornell MBA Experience
Five years ago I left my family and friends in Utah to begin a new chapter in my life in New York City; I did not know what the future held but looking back now it was the best decision I ever made.
After only a few years in the city, I found a successful career, amassed several groups of friends, and began exploring new passions. Living in New York opened my eyes to experiences and opportunities – I could not get enough learning and exploration. A few friends and colleagues recently completed advanced degrees and I became enamored with hearing about their experiences. I decided to attend an information session for the Cornell Executive MBA Metro NY program and before long I knew the program was the right one for me.
Accepting the offer to join Johnson’s Class of 2016 was one of the most amazing feelings of happiness. While the decision to take on this challenge felt in many ways like the one that I made a few years back – anxious, scared, and unknown – I had a strong impression that this program would pay major dividends.
It did. Two years later, I am now a graduate of the Johnson Graduate School of Management and I could not be more grateful. Between the friends that I have made, the classes that I took, and the experiences that I have had, there are few words to describe how thankful I am for the decision I made to attend and to Cornell for giving me one of the best opportunities of which I could dream.
With that, I want to express some words which describe why "CORNELL" is memorable to me:
- CLASSMATES from various backgrounds, locations, and perspectives.
- OCCUPATION – I came to Cornell to further my career. I have acquired many skills which helped me to evolve and enhance my career in numerous ways.
- RESPECT that my classmates and I have for each other.
- NURTURE new and innovative ideas.
- EXPERIENCES – Opportunities to develop new knowledge, meet new people, and explore new places affording rich learning experiences.
- LEARN – The skills and understanding of business I now possess are invaluable.
- LOVE & SUPPORT – I am truly overwhelmed with the love and support I have received from my family and friends during the program; I will be forever thankful.
An extra special “THANK YOU” goes out to my fiancé, Alex, who kept me sane (even though I may have driven him crazy) and was my rock throughout; he gave me and my classmates a true understanding of what it is to be a Cornellian, not to mention he is also the best tour guide to ALL things Cornell!