Innovation in Latin America Focus of Annual Conference
10/11/2013 3:58:00 PM
Emerging Markets Institute hosts day of panels and discussions on development and innovation in Latin American economies
Johnson’s Emerging Markets Institute, in partnership with Americas Society/Council of the Americas, will host its third daylong conference, focusing on Latin America, on Wednesday, October 16, 2013, at the New York City offices of the Council of the Americas. “Innovation in Latin American” comprises a series of panel discussions to explore new solutions and developments in Latin America’s economy.
The day features panel sessions that will provide an economic overview of Latin America, as well as discussions on innovation in financial services, the IT sector, and manufacturing processes. Findings from an upcoming report by the Inter-American Development Bank on the impact of infrastructure on trade in Latin America will be presented during this program.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Mauricio Mesquita Moreira, Sector Economic Advisor and Research Coordinator, Integration and Trade Sector, Inter-American Development Bank
- Richard Coyle, Executive Director, Emerging Markets Institute, Johnson Graduate School of Management, Cornell University
- Tim DeVoogd, Ph.D., Director, Latin American Studies Program, Cornell University
- Lourdes Casanova, Senior Lecturer, Emerging Markets Institute, Johnson at Cornell University
- Sandra Fuentes-Berain, Consul General of Mexico in New York-Francisco Manrique, President of the Executive Council, CONNECT Bogota
- Mike Todaro, Executive Director, Americas Apparel Producers Network
- Virun Rampersad, Managing Director and Head of Global Innovation, BNY Mellon
- Alberto Ramos, Head of Latin American Research, Goldman Sachs
- Roberto Canizares, Former President and CEO, MSA International
- Devon Bodoh, Partner and Head of U.S./Brazil Practice, KPMG
- Daniel Levites, Partner, EY Terco, Brazil
“Innovation in Latin America” begins at 8:30 a.m., with registration and coffee at the offices of Council of the Americas, 680 Park Avenue at 68th Street, New York, New York. The conference adjourns at 3 p.m. For more information, visit the Emerging Markets Institute website.