Henry P. Renard MBA '55 Regional Club of the Year Award
The Henry P. Renard, MBA '55 Regional Club of the Year Award recognizes regional club leaders and members for the innovation, creativity, and diversity of their programs, the total number of events hosted, and the percent of local alumni who attend.
Our regional clubs play a vital role in the Johnson community in many ways:
- Regional clubs engage more Johnson alumni each year than all other forms of engagement added together. Most alumni initially renew their engagement with Johnson via a regional event because it's close to where they live and work
- Regional clubs offer programs that help alumni; alumni, in turn, assist the school.
- Regional clubs offer programming that enables alumni to network with one another.
- Regional club leaders can play a key role in recruitment and admission of new students.
- Regional club leaders can set an example for others to follow in giving back to Cornell.
This award is distributed every fall in conjunction with Johnson's Advisory Council meeting.
- Percent of local alumni who have attended at least one regional event
- Total number of events conducted per hundred alumni in region
- Innovation and creativity of regional club's programming
- Diversity of events (hold at least one event in each category: faculty speaker, local alumna or alumnus speaker, social event at a local attraction, or happy hour)
- Admissions support (interviewing, hosting reception, contacting admitted students)
- Embrace programs and activities that support goals of Johnson
- 100 percent Annual Fund participation by all regional board members each year
- Fiscal responsibility (club spending stays within proposed annual budget)