Robert J. Swieringa Young Alumni Service Award
The Robert J. Swieringa Young Alumni Service Award recognizes alumni for their exemplary commitment to Johnson and its alumni, and continued engagement with Johnson as a volunteer leader in many engagement activities.
Open to alumni who graduated less than 20 years ago
- Recognizes extraordinary alumni for their exemplary commitment to Johnson and its alumni since graduation.
- Award honors alumni who have demonstrated continued engagement with Johnson through volunteer activities within the broad spectrum of Johnson's alumni engagement opportunities.
- Service may be reflected in the leadership roles that the individual has assumed, or through the unique contributions made by the person as a part of his or her service to Johnson.
- Service to Johnson as a volunteer and/or leader in many engagement opportunities is required, such as the advisory council, regional clubs, reunion, class activities, career management center, admissions, and guest class lecturer.
- These alumni are being honored because of the significant impact their volunteer service has had on the school.
- Consideration is given to the length and depth of the individual's activities as a young alumna/us.
- Honorees are chosen from candidates proposed by the Johnson community (alumni, faculty, & staff.)
- University Trustees are not eligible for consideration until they are no longer active members of the Board.
- A maximum of two awards may be presented annually, should qualified candidates be nominated.
To nominate an alumna or alumnus for the Samuel C. Johnson Distinguished Service Award or the Robert J. Swieringa Young Alumni Service Award, please fill out the online nomination form.