P. Eric Yeung
Peter B. Orthwein '68 Sesquicentennial Fellow in Accounting
330 Sage Hall
Samuel Curtis Johnson Graduate School of Management
Ithaca, NY 14853-6201
Professor Yeung is Associate Professor of Accounting at the Samuel Curtis Johnson Graduate School of Management at Cornell University. Yeung's research examines the relation between accounting information and economic fundamentals as well as the economic and behavioral factors that influence i) how market participants use accounting information and ii) how managers provide accounting information. His research has been published in The Accounting Review, Journal of Accounting Research, Journal of Accounting and Economics, Contemporary Accounting Research, Review of Financial Studies, Strategic Management Journal, and Management Science. Professor Yeung received his Profession Accountancy degree from the Chinese University of Hong Kong and PhD degree from University of Oregon. He currently teaches intermediate financial accounting, and has received teaching award at Oregon.
Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Click here to view the curriculum vitae (PDF document).
- Ali, Ashiq; Klasa, Sandy; Yeung, P. Eric. "Industry Concentration and Corporate Disclosure Policy" Journal of Accounting and Economics (Accepted)
- Hui, Kai Wai; Yeung, P. Eric. "Underreaction to Industry-Wide Earnings and the Post-Forecast Revision Drift" Journal of Accounting Research 51.4 (2013): 701-737.
- Shu, Tao; Sulaeman, Johan; Yeung, P. Eric. "Local Religious Beliefs and Mutual Fund Risk-Taking Behaviors" Management Science 58.10 (2012): 1779-1796.
- Hui, Kai Wai; Klasa, Sandy; Yeung, P. Eric. "Corporate Suppliers and Customers and Accounting Conservatism" Journal of Accounting and Economics 53.1-2 (2012): 115-135.
- Gore, Angela K.; Matsunaga, Steve; Yeung, P. Eric. "The Role of Technical Expertise in Firm Governance Structure: Evidence from Chief Financial Officer Contractual Incentives" Strategic Management Journal 32.7 (2011): 771-786.
- Ayers, Benjamin C.; Ramalingegowda, Santhosh; Yeung, P. Eric. "Hometown Advantage: The Effects of Monitoring Institution Location on Financial Reporting Discretion" Journal of Accounting and Economics 52.1 (2011): 41-61.
- Ayers, Benjamin C.; Zhen Li, Oliver; Yeung, P. Eric. "Investor Trading and the Post-Earnings-Announcement Drift" The Accounting Review 86.2 (2011): 385-416.
- Bamber, Linda Smith; Hui, Kai Wai; Yeung, P. Eric. "Managers' EPS Forecasts:Nickeling and Diming the Market?" The Accounting Review 85.1 (2010): 63-95.
- Ali, Ashiq; Klasa, Sandy; Yeung, P. Eric. "The Limitations of Industry Concentration Measures Constructed with Compustat Data: Implications for Finance Research" Review of Financial Studies 22.10 (2009): 3839-3871.
- Yeung, P. Eric. "Uncertainty and Expectation Revisions after Earnings Announcements" Contemporary Accounting Research 26.1 (2009): 273-301.
- Jagolinzer, Alan D.; Matsunaga, Steven R.; Yeung, P. Eric. "An Analysis of Insiders’ Use of Prepaid Variable Forward Contracts" Journal of Accounting Research 45.5 (2007): 1055-1079.
- Ayers, Benjamin C.; Jiang, John (Xuefeng); Yeung, P. Eric. "Discretionary Accruals and Earnings Management: An Analysis of Pseudo Earnings Targets" The Accounting Review 81.3 (2006): 671-652.
- Matsunaga, Steven R.; Wang, Shan; Yeung, P. Eric. "Does Appointing a Former CFO as CEO Influence a Firm's Financial Reporting, Disclosure, and Tax Policies"
- Campbell, John L.; Yeung, P. Eric. "Does Stock Price Contagion Reflect the Information in Earnings Management Contagion?"
- Koo, David S.; Wu, Juan (Julie); Yeung, P. Eric. "Earnings Attribution and Information Transfers"
- Shu, Tao; Yeung, P. Eric. "Moderated Confidence and Under- and Overreactions in Stock Markets"
- Hui, Kaiwai; Yeung, P. Eric; Nelson, Karen. "On the Persistence and Pricing of Industry-Wide and Firm-Specific Earnings, Cash Flows, and Accruals"