Faculty Director of the Parker Center for Investment Research
Professor of Accounting
328 Sage Hall
Samuel Curtis Johnson Graduate School of Management
Ithaca, NY 14853-6201
Professor Bhojraj's research interests are in the areas of corporate governance, behavioral finance, discretionary disclosure of information by firms, and international accounting and valuation. He has taught courses in applied portfolio management, financial analysis and financial accounting. In his role as faculty director of the Parker Center for Investment Research, he is a designated manager of the $12-million Cayuga MBA Fund, a market-neutral equity hedge fund. Professor Bhojraj is an award-winning teacher and has received several teaching awards from the MBA and Executive MBA classes. In addition, he was featured as Cornell's highest rated professor in The Wall Street Journal's 2008 “Special Report” on executive MBA programs. He also received outstanding faculty recognition in the 2003 edition of BusinessWeek's “Guide to The Best Business Schools.” Professor Bhojraj is certified as a chartered accountant and a cost accountant. He worked in India and Indonesia before pursuing his doctorate.
Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Click here to view the curriculum vitae (PDF document).
- Bhojraj, Sanjeev; Cho, Young-Jun; Yehuda, Nir. "Mutual Fund Family Size and Mutual Fund Performance: The Role of Regulatory Changes" Journal of Accounting Research 50.3 (2012): 647684.
- An, Jiyoun; Bhojraj, Sanjeev; Ng, David T.. "Warranted Multiples and Future Returns" Journal of Accounting, Auditing & Finance 25.2 (2010): 143-169.
- An, Jiyoun; Bhojraj, Sanjeev; Ng, David T.. "Warranted Multiples and Future Returns" Journal of Accounting, Auditing, and Finance 25.2 (2010): 143-169.
- Bhojraj, Sanjeev; Hribar, Steven Paul; Picconi, Marc; McInnis, John. "Making Sense of Cents: An Examination of Firms That Marginally Miss or Beat Analyst Forecasts" Journal of Finance 64.5 (2009): 2361-2388.
- Bhojraj, Sanjeev; Bloomfield, Robert J.; Tayler, William Brewster. "Margin Trading, Overpricing and Synchronization Risk" Review of Financial Studies 22.5 (2009): 2059-2085.
- Bhojraj, Sanjeev; Swaminathan, Bhaskaran. "How Does the Corporate Bond Market Value Capital Investments and Accruals?" Review of Accounting Studies 14.1 (2009): 31-62.
- Bhojraj, Sanjeev; Swaminathan, Bhaskaran. "Macromomentum: Returns Predictability in International Equity Indices" Journal of Business 79.1 (2006): 429-451.
- Ajinkya, Bipin; Bhojraj, Sanjeev; Sengupta, Partha. "The Association between Outside Directors, Institutional Investors and the Properties of Management Earnings Forecasts" Journal of Accounting Research 43.3 (2005): 343-376.
- Bhojraj, Sanjeev; Libby, Robert. "Capital Market Pressure, Disclosure Frequency-Induced Earnings/ Cash Flow Conflict and Managerial Myopia" The Accounting Review 80.1 (2005): 20-Jan.
- Bhojraj, Sanjeev; Blacconiere, Walter G.; D'Souza, Julia D.. "Voluntary Disclosure in a Multi-Audience Setting: An Empirical Investigation" The Accounting Review 79.4 (2004): 921-947.
- Bhojraj, Sanjeev; Lee, Charles M.C.; Oler, Derek Kenneth. "What's my line? A comparison of industry classification schemes for capital market research" Journal of Accounting Research 41.5 (2003): 745-774.
- Bhojraj, Sanjeev; Sengupta, Partha. "The Effect of Corporate Governance Mechanisms on Bond Ratings and Yields: The Role of Institutional Investors and Outside Directors" Journal of Business 76.3 (2003): 455-475.
- Bhojraj, Sanjeev; Lee, Charles M.C.. "Who Is My Peer? A Valuation-Based Approach to the Selection of Comparable Firms" Journal of Accounting Research 40.2 (2002): 407-439.
- Bhojraj, Sanjeev; Libby, Robert; Yang, Ihwa. "Analyzing Guidance at the Firm Level: The Association between Guidance Frequency, Guidance Properties, and Market Reactions"
- Bhojraj, Sanjeev; Sengupta, Partha; Zhang, Suning. "Anti-Takeover Provisions: Promoting Entrenchment and Efficiency"
- Bhojraj, Sanjeev; Cho, Y; Zhang. "Financial Reporting Quality and Liquidity Choice"
- Bhojraj, Sanjeev; Sengupta, Partha; Zhang, Suning. "Pricing of Restructuring Charges"
- An, J.; Bhojraj, Sanjeev; Ng, D.. "Role of Industry and Country Membership in Determining Firm Multiples"