Breazzano Family Term Professor of Management
Associate Professor of Finance
371 Sage Hall
Samuel Curtis Johnson Graduate School of Management
Ithaca, NY 14853-6201
Professor Grinstein's research and teaching interests are in corporate finance and corporate governance. Grinstein has been published in several journals, including The Journal of Finance, The Journal of Financial Economics, The Journal of Financial Intermediation and others. His research has been widely cited in major newspapers such as The Economist, Financial Times, New York Times, Forbes, Time, Washington Post, as well as in Congress hearings. Grinstein is the recipient of the Best Paper Award from The Journal of Financial Intermediation in 2006, and the Best Paper in Corporate Finance Award from the Southwestern Finance Association in 2005. He is also the recipient of the Clifford H. Whitcomb faculty fellowship in 2004-2005. Between the years 2006-2007 he visited the Securities and Exchange Commission as a visiting academic scholar.
Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Click here to view the curriculum vitae (PDF document).
- De Angelis, David; Grinstein, Yaniv. "Pay for the Right Performance" Review of Finance (Accepted)
- De Angelis, D.; Grinstein, Yaniv. "Performance Terms in CEO Compensation Contracts" Review of Financial Studies (Accepted)
- Cremers, Martijn; Grinstein, Yaniv. "Does the Market for CEO Talent Explain Controversial CEO Pay Practices?" Review of Finance (Accepted)
- Bebchuk, Lucian A; Grinstein, Yaniv; Peyer, Urs. "Lucky CEOs and Lucky Directors" Journal of Finance 65.6 (2010): 23632401.
- Chhaochharia, Vidhi; Grinstein, Yaniv. "CEO Compensation and Board Structure" Journal of Finance 64.1 (2009): 231-261.
- Chhaochharia, Vidhi; Grinstein, Yaniv. "The Changing Structure of US Corporate Boards: 1997-2003" Corporate Governance: An International Review 15.6 (2007): 1215-1223.
- Chhaochharia, Vidhi; Grinstein, Yaniv. "Corporate Governance and Firm Value - The Impact of the 2002 Governance Rules" Journal of Finance 62.4 (2007): 1789-1825.
- Grinstein, Yaniv. "The disciplinary role of debt and equity contracts: Theory and tests" Journal of Financial Intermediation 15.4 (2006): 419-443.
- Grinstein, Yaniv; Michaely, Roni. "Institutional Holdings and Payout Policy" Journal of Finance 60.3 (2005): 1389-1426.
- Bebchuk, Lucian; Grinstein, Yaniv. "The Growth of Executive Pay" Oxford Review of Economic Policy 21.2 (2005): 283-303.
- Grinstein, Yaniv; Hribar, Steven Paul. "CEO compensation and incentives: Evidence from M&A bonuses" Journal of Financial Economics 73.1 (2004): 119-143.
- Grinstein, Yaniv, 2010, Equity-based compensation, the cost benefit analysis, in Equity-Based Compensation for Employees, eds Lavee S., Ronen Publication.