On-Campus Visit Logistics
Over the years we have found that a number of important steps can help ensure an outstanding recruiting visit.
Submit job descriptions promptly. Students review job descriptions carefully and pre-screen themselves, making your job easier and your visit more productive. In your job descriptions, please include:
- a short description of your company
- the title and responsibilities of the positions you seek to fill
- the skills and characteristics desired
If you would like to send company information in anticipation of a corporate briefing, please address it to:
Career Management Center
Samuel Curtis Johnson Graduate School of Management
202 Sage Hall, Cornell University
Ithaca, NY 14853
Please be sure to label the box "Corporate Briefing" and include the company name and date of your event. You may also send annual reports to this address, but please provide recruiting brochures and other literature electronically, as we do not have the capacity to store hard copies in the Career Management Center.
- Let your corporate account manager know as soon as possible if you plan to cancel a recruiting-related event. Let her also know the reason for the cancellation so that we can inform the students.
- Inform your interviewers and hiring managers of your company's diversity recruiting policy.
- Inform your interviewers of legal hiring practices and illegal areas of inquiry in interviews. Well-trained interviewers generate enthusiasm for your organization that carries through several years of MBA classes.
- Maintain regular communication with students and keep them up to date on developments in the process.
- Make a reservation for lodging once your recruiting plans are confirmed.
- Cornell is a large, complex campus. Keep your interviewers informed of their transportation and parking arrangements.