MBA Application Overview
We look forward to receiving your application.
- Create Your Johnson Application Account
- Review the Important Dates for Application Deadlines
- Plan a Visit: Schedule a class visit, attend an information session, connect at a Sage Social, and take a walking tour of Cornell. Visiting campus is a great way to experience the Johnson community and receive an overview of the academic and student experience while meeting students, faculty, and staff.
- Connect with Current Students and Alumni: Your Johnson Application account provides access to the Johnson Admissions Portal where you can connect with recent alumni and current students via email. You will also receive invitations to Johnson Admissions Events in your area.
- Initial Notification Date: You will receive one of three initial notifications: invitation to interview, waitlist without interview or denial of admission.
- Interviews by Invitation: We send interview invitations throughout each round. We encourage you to visit Ithaca for an interview with admissions staff or a second-year MBA student, especially if you have not visited campus before. If you cannot travel to Ithaca, we also offer Skype interviews.
- Final Decisions: You will receive a final decision on the notification date for your round. We will post a link to your decision letter in the Johnson application system and you will receive an email message when the letter is available.
- Johnson at Cornell University application
- Two required essays (third optional)
- List of activities
- Two recommendations (third optional)
- Transcripts from all post-secondary coursework and degrees
- GMAT or GRE score report
- English Language Exam score report for applicants whose native language is not English (TOEFL, IELTS, or the Pearson Test of English)
- Application fee of $200 in US currency