3/11/2011 11:29 AM
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion (ODI) had a phenomenal academic year. We leveraged our new partnership with the Consortium for Graduate Study in Management
to recruit the most diverse full-time MBA class in Johnson history, and were recognized in Bloomberg Businessweek
for having the most dramatic increase in underrepresented minority representation of all top 30 business schools over the last decade.
Please join us in celebrating these and few other of our high level achievements:
- In honor of ODI’s 10th anniversary we launched our first alumni giving campaign, raising over $60k to host our annual Johnson Means Business diversity recruiting weekend and our 1st Johnson Women in Business recruiting weekend last Fall.
- For the 20th anniversary of Cornell’s PCCW, ODI hosted our largest Women’s Power Lunch ever with over 115 attendees.
- Johnson became a NSHMBA University Partner and added a sexual orientation checkbox to our MBA application last year, to aid in targeted recruitment of Hispanic and LGBT students.
- ODI hosted alumni receptions at the NBMBAA conference in LA and the NSHMBA conference in Chicago, and supported the Parker Center for Investment Research’s launch of Johnson’s 1st Women in Investing (WIN) Conference in Boston.
- Our BGBA and LBSA clubs partnered with the Cornell undergraduate MBSA to establish the 1st Johnson Diversity Symposium, which brought over 200 attendees to Ithaca.
ODI continued this momentum by hosting Johnson’s 1st Forté Career Lab for 30 undergraduate women from programs across Cornell on April 28th, 2011. Our future plans include launching the Johnson Diversity Council of students, faculty, staff and alumni this Fall to execute ODI’s five year strategic diversity plan. Additionally, we are partnering with our WMC club to establish Johnson’s inaugural Women’s Leadership Conference in the Spring of 2012.
ODI has also welcomed two new staff members- Sonia R. Rucker, our new Associate Director and Tali Blekhman, our new Office Coordinator. We have had an amazing year and our achievements would not have been possible without the generous support of our alumni and corporate partners. Please help us continue this success by making a direct gift to support diversity and inclusion at Johnson by visiting GIVE to ODI today. Thank you for partnering with us!