MBA Application Overview
Thank you for your interest in the Cornell MBA program. We encourage you to review the enclosed information as you prepare your application for submission:
Your application to the Two-Year/One-Year MBA program should include:
- Johnson at Cornell Application
- Application fee of $200 USD
- Two required essays (third optional)
- List of activities
- One letter of professional recommendation (second optional)
- Transcripts from all post-secondary coursework and degrees
- GMAT or GRE score report
- English Language Exam score report for applicants whose native language is not English (TOEFL or IELTS)
As you progress through the application process, there are several steps and outcomes that you will want to know and understand:
- Application Deadline: Applications should be submitted by 11:59 pm Eastern Time.
- Initial Notification Date: You will receive one of three initial notifications following a preliminary review of your application and materials: invitation to interview, waitlist without interview or denial of admission.
- Interviews: Interviews are evaluative and available by invitation only. They may be conducted by an admissions staff member or second-year MBA student. We encourage you to visit Ithaca for an in person interview, especially if you have not visited campus before. If you cannot travel to Ithaca, we also offer Skype interviews.
- Decision Announcement: Final decisions are released on a rolling basis. Your decision will be posted to your Johnson Application page and you will receive an email message indicating that your decision is available.
- Deposit Deadline: Candidates who accept their offer of admission must submit a non-refundable enrollment deposit by 12:00 pm ET on the Deposit Deadline provided; the Two-Year MBA requires a $1,500 deposit, the One-Year MBA requires a $3,000 deposit. A second deposit of $1,500 is required for Two-Year MBA candidates and should be made by June 1, 2017. As a policy, we do not offer deposit extensions.