The Emerging Markets Institute (EMI) conference has been the institute’s flagship event to showcase our research and to pool together leading academics, students, and business leaders. Over the past eight years, we have forged organizational partnerships and gleaned timely insights from speakers about the ongoing dynamism of the emerging markets landscape. Under the theme Emerging Markets Reshaping Globalization, this year’s conference will explore the diverse challenges impacting globalization and emerging markets’ potential as the new champions of free markets and open competition.
The 2018 EMI conference is a full-day event, a projected 175 students, faculty, scholars, business leaders and company associates will be in attendance. Our goal is to bring together bright minds to discuss emerging markets’ and multinationals’ reactions to the changing global context and their newfound successes. At the conference, EMI will launch the third EMI report (please download last year’s Emerging Market Multinationals Report: Emerging Multinationals in a Changing World). In addition, we will host the second EMI case competition. Please contact Christian Laftchiev if you are interested in participating in the competition.
Founded in 2010, Cornell’s Emerging Markets Institute at the Samuel Curtis Johnson Graduate School of Management provides thought leadership on the role of emerging markets—and emerging market multinationals—in the global economy. The Institute brings together preeminent practitioners and academics from around the world to develop the next generation of global business leaders and create the premier research center on the role of emerging markets in the global economy.
Providing thought leadership on the role of emerging markets—and emerging market multinationals—in the global economy
Who should attend:
- Cornell University alumni and company executives and associates working in the emerging markets.
- Cornell University students, alumni, faculty and staff interested in emerging markets.
- Students interested in the emerging markets and international business.
- Companies interested in collaborating with EMI on research and consulting projects.
- Leading academics, researchers, scholars and business leaders.
Benefits of attending:
- Meet, network and exchange ideas with leading academics, researchers, and business leaders as well as with our Cornell and Johnson students.
- Present your success stories and innovative ideas and discuss them within a unique global forum.
- Keep up-to-date on the research and activities of the institute.
- Panel discussions on key global, regional and sector themes, including investment opportunities and strategy outlook.
- Engagement with top MBA students.
- Enhance your business relationship with global companies and leaders.
- Learn more about opportunities for collaboration.
- Corporate access to company management including one-on-one and group meetings.
We believe that sponsorship provides an excellent opportunity for companies to showcase their commitment to academic excellence, the pursuit of knowledge and showcase their products and services. Companies will benefit from contact with a highly driven, engaged and receptive audience on our new Cornell Tech campus.
In addition to general packages of sponsorship that provide extensive exposure over the whole conference, we also welcome sponsorship of specific activities during the conference. An important part of attending the conference is to establish personal contacts and to develop networks with other participants and interested parties.
For more information about sponsorship, please click here.
Top 5 Ways to Participate in the 2018 EMI Conference:
1. Register for the conference, click here.
2. Share and forward conference invite to your network.
3. Sponsor the conference, click here.
4. Hosting corporate briefing.
5. Volunteer at event.
For more details on the conference and/or sponsorship opportunities, contact: