Take Your Career to the Next Level with Johnson’s Signature Career Ascent Program
The mission of Cornell Executive MBA Career Management is to facilitate human potential. We pride ourselves on providing a tailored, personalized approach to your career development. We know that careers are as unique as your DNA: how you define “career” in your own life, what your personal goals are, your capacity for job transition, and your preferred method of networking.
Our dedicated career advisors provide resources and services to help you navigate your career development process, whether your goals are to continue on your current path, or transition to something different.
A Discussion about Johnson’s Career Management Services for Executive MBA’s
Laurie Sedgwick, Director of Career Management for Executive MBA and Alumni interviews Cornell Executive MBA Americas student Amy Gergely, MBA ’15, to learn her impressions of career services.
Our unique and comprehensive services include:
Ascent Career Programming
- Transition Workshops: Designed to support your transition from one career, company, geography to another
- Advancement Workshops: Build career development skills to last a lifetime
- Career Development Webinars: Covers a wide range of topics including overviews of career resources and tools, LinkedIn and Resume Development, and many more
- Alumni Panels: Designed to inform you about a wide range of topics from “How to Succeed in the EMBA Program” to the ins and outs of a particular industry or function
Suite of one-on-one Coaching Services
- Executive Coaching: First to market, Johnson at Cornell offers an executive coaching program designed to help you succeed as a business leader in today’s competitive landscape
- Career Coaching: Strategic and tactical coaching to help you develop a career plan, author an executive resume, learn effective networking skills, connect with alumni, become a pro at interviewing, receive support through career negotiations, and more
- Team Coaching: Critical to business success is your capacity to accomplish goals within a team while possessing the ability to be a proven team leader. Coaches trained specifically in Team Coaching, effectively work with you on this critical skill.
Recruiting and Networking Events
- Career Forums: Two events per year in NYC and the West Coast. EMBA students join full-time students in applying for job opportunities with Fortune 500 companies and start-ups.
- EMBA Capstone Networking Event – Cornell EMBA Exchange: Johnson at Cornell brings together alumni, recruiting professionals and executive MBA students for an evening of networking in NYC.
- Career Advisory Board: Student leaders contribute to the design and execution of career programming
- Lunch & Learn Sessions: Hosted by current executive MBA students; students teach one another about their industries and functions
- Dedicated Cornell EMBA Career Management Web Site
- Career Development Video Library: Includes videos on resume and LinkedIn development, creating a career strategy, interviewing skills, effective communications, ace the case – case interview skills, presentation skills, and more
- Resume Database and Job Postings: Developed specifically for experienced hire candidates
- Alumni Database: More than 14,000 Johnson alumni and over 225,000 Cornell alumni
- Exclusive Cornell EMBA Career Management LinkedIn Group
EMBA | Career Coaching Staff
Director of Career Management, Executive MBA Programs and Alumni
Associate Director (NYC)
EMBA Career Coach