Emerging Markets Institute Cornell Connections
Cornell has a vast history of being internationally focused. Listed below are some of the many internationally concentrated departments throughout Cornell.
- Global Cornell: International threads have woven their way into the fabric of the Cornell experience. Through courses, campus life, library resources, or programs, learn just how international Cornell really is.
- The Mario Einaudi Center for International Studies seeks to help bring about a truly international university at Cornell, in which international studies are completely integrated into the intellectual life of the university and all students and faculty benefit from active exposure to global affairs.
- The Mario Einaudi Center’s Regional and Thematic Programs are interdisciplinary programs focused on understanding people and places around the world, and include programs such as Institute for African Development, Latin American Studies Program, and 6 other regional/thematic programs.
- Migrations: A Global Grand Challenge focuses Cornell’s expertise and resources to address the critical challenges of a world on the move.
- The Office of Global Learning brings together Education Abroad and International Services to serve all of Cornell’s global learners.
- Cornell International Institute for Food, Agriculture and Development’s mission is to support and enhance Cornell’s aspirations to be a global land grant university that improves the lives of the poor through the development of sustainable food systems.
- Johnson International Business Education is dedicated to providing easy access to knowledge about offshore and multinational organizations and their cultural context for all Johnson students, whether their focus is international business or some other area of specialization.
The Emerging Market Institute Annual Conference has been one of the highlights of my two years at Johnson. It helped me connect with industry leaders and well known academics. Listening to their insightful discussion at the conference helped me understand and gave me a better outlook of the emerging markets. Kudos to Cornell EMI for empowering me with knowledge, network, and opportunities!Vinit Kr Khicha, MBA '21, EMI Fellow