One-Year MBA Employment Data


See how the Cornell MBA drives your potential earnings and career opportunities. The data below details the compensation, locations, job functions, industry sectors, and hiring companies of recent graduates.


Class of 2021: Full-time job offers and acceptances

The One-Year MBA class of 2021 included 50 graduates. The figures below represent job offers and acceptances of the 36 One-Year MBA graduates who were actively seeking full-time job opportunities.

97%

RECEIVED OFFERS

within six months after graduation

94%

ACCEPTED OFFERS

within six month of graduation


One-Year Class of 2021: Base Salary Data

The One-Year MBA class of 2021 received an average base salary of $138,900, a seven percent increase over the average base salary of the class of 2020. Graduates who were US work-authorized reported a slightly higher average base salary of $142,967. Graduates who were not US work-authorized reported a slightly lower average base salary of $134,543.

$138,900

BASE SALARY

average reported by employed graduates

7%

INCREASE

in average base salary compared to the class of 2020

$142,967

BASE SALARY

average reported by US work authorized graduates

$134,543

BASE SALARY

average reported by non-US work authorized graduates


Globe Icon

Worldwide employment

The majority of graduates—88 percent—stay in the United States: 88 percent. The remaining 12 percent accepted employment in three countries.

CountryPercentage
Employed
United States88%
Other*12%

*Other includes: China, India, Luxemburg

Average Base Salary by Region

The majority of one-year graduates stay and work in the US. The Northeast region employed more than a third of the class of 2021 with the highest average base salary of $153,056. The West region had the second highest employment with one-fifth of the class and the second highest average base salary at $145,833.

Average Base Salary by US Region

North American
Region
Average
Base Salary
Median
Base Salary
Salary RangePercent
Employed
Northeast$153,056$155,000$109,500 - $205,00037%
West$145,833$137,500$130,000 - $190,00022%
Midwest$105,000$115,000$75,000 - $125,00011%
South$145,000$150,000$115,000 - $170,00011%
SouthwestN/AN/AN/A11%
Mid-AtlanticN/AN/AN/A7%

N/A: Less than three or more datapoints available (needed to protect student confidentiality)

Average Base Salary by Industry

The technology industry employed almost one-third of Johnson’s One-Year MBA Class of 2021 graduates. The healthcare industry employed the second highest percent of the class with the consulting industry following in third – with the highest average base salary of all industries.

Average Base Salary by Industry

IndustryAverage
Base Salary
Median
Base Salary
Salary RangePercent
Employed
Technology$136,733$135,000$112,000 - $168,00029%
Healthcare/
Medical Services/
Pharmaceuticals
$107,900$110,000$75,000 - $125,00021%
Consulting$159,600$163,000$115,000 - $200,00018%
Financial Services$145,000$155,000$120,000 - $160,0009%
Other*N/AN/AN/A23%

*Other includes: Energy/utilities, law/legal, real estate, government, and retail

Average Base Salary by Job Function

Over one-third of the class of 2021 is employed in management–an example of Johnson’s exemplary and well-respected management training. Half the class is split between finance and consulting jobs, demonstrating the strength and rigor of Johnson’s finance and consulting curriculums.

Average Base Salary by Job Function

FunctionAverage
Base Salary
Median
Base Salary
Salary RangePercent
Employed
Management$124,327$130,000$75,000 - $150,00039%
Consulting$155,143$163,000$115,000 - $200,00023%
Finance$135,833$135,000$110,000 - $160,00023%
Other*N/AN/AN/A15%

*Other includes: investment banking and marketing


One-Year Class of 2021: Signing Bonus Data

The One-Year MBA Class of 2021 earned additional compensation that included signing bonuses and relocation packages. The average combined bonus for the class was $23,868. US work authorized graduates received a slightly lower than average combined bonus of $22,611. Graduates who were not US work-authorized reported a slightly higher average combineed bonus of $24,895.

$23,868

SIGNING BONUS

average reported by the One-Year MBA class of 2021

$22,611

SIGNING BONUS

average reported by US work authorized graduates

$24,895

SIGNING BONUS

average reported by non-US work authorized graduates


One-Year MBA Class of 2021: Top Employers

Twenty-six employers hired the class of 2021 graduates. The list below represents the top companies that hired One-Year MBA graduates for full-time positions.

Amazon Logo
Accenture Logo
Cerner Corporation logo
Clifford Chance LLP logo
EY_Parthenon logo
Google logo
Micron_Technology_logo
St. Joseph's Health logo
Target_logo
Tesla logo

Ready to see where the Cornell One-Year MBA could take you?