Cornell University is committed to protecting your privacy
The following privacy notice describes what information we collect from you when you visit the Cornell SC Johnson College of Business and how we use this information. The scope of this Cornell SC Johnson College of Business privacy notice includes the following domains: johnson.cornell.edu, business.cornell.edu, sha.cornell.edu, dyson.cornell.edu, and baker.realestate.cornell.edu, with the exception of *.dyson.cornell.edu, which is used for separate, academic spaces and subject to separate privacy terms. Please read this privacy notice carefully so that you understand our privacy practices.
Effective date of privacy notice
The privacy notice was last revised on November 8, 2018.
Information We Gather
We automatically collect certain information from you when you visit our websites. This data is used in conjunction with Google Analytics to gather metrics on site usage including geographic location of visitors, pathways navigated through our websites, and which portion of our audience is internal to the Cornell network.
The information we collect with Google Analytics is not linked to anything that identifies you as an individual. Your session will be tracked but you will remain anonymous as a user. As part of Google Analytics, we also gather device and browser-related information.
We also track your website interactions and activities with Salesforce Pardot. A Pardot tracking cookie is added to your browser when you first visit our websites. A cookie is small piece of data sent from a web browser and stored on the user's computer. In Pardot's case, the cookie is used to track your activities while you navigate our website and interact with our marketing materials. If you fill out a form, or click on a link in an email sent to you from Pardot, your browsing history will be associated with your personal information stored in Pardot and/or Salesforce
Information You Provide
The following information may be collected from you, depending on how you choose to interact with our websites, programs,and other services:
Name, physical address, country, province, phone number, email address, emergency contact information.
Cornell Identifiers (e.g., NetID and/or EmplID), current grade level, current college if transferring, graduation date and groups and organizations membership.
Company name, address, phone, fax, email, website, description, parent organization, union membership status, position/title, years in job, responsibilities, position you report to, next step in career path, previous positions, employers and years, resume (file-upload).
High School (HS), HS address, HS GPA, Test Scores: SAT, ACT, GMAT, TOEFL, IELTS, AP/IB Scores summer college and GPA, previous college names, degrees, GPAs, current college, current class (Freshman – Senior), major/concentration.
Travel Information, if attending Executive Education Programs:
Date/time of arrivals and departures, Flight numbers and airlines, mode of transportation if not flying, accommodations while in Ithaca, and other travel information.
Academic Diversity Initiatives: EOP or HEOP
Applicability (which could include socioeconomic status, gender, ethnicity, race) and other information pertinent to campus diversity initiatives such as disability accommodations, sexual orientation and dietary restrictions.
Professional Business Analysis Tools:
Very specific information on your business including but not limited to: Business name, address, type, size (sq. ft.), number of employees, titles, positions, wages, cost of running business, seating and table data for restaurants, data related to hire / replace employees.
How we use your information
We use gathered information to track user trends and site usage with the goal of improving our visitors' experience and optimizing our websites. We also use the information to administer the websites and prevent abuse.
Information you provide to us is used for the following purposes:
- to send you notifications and important information pertaining to your records and for emergencies
- to consider your application for admission to our schools and programs
- to associate you with all your Cornell records and engagements, as well as for internal, administrative, and academic support needs
- to assist you with your travel plans and your stay while attending our Executive Education programs here at Cornell
- to provide disability and dietary accommodations for events and programs, as well as linking student with diversity and inclusion opportunities and events on campus
- to share Cornell-related news, publications, courses, events, programs, and other opportunities tailored to your interests based on your job, organization, industry, website visits, interests, and needs
- to offer assistance, web or printed materials, services, and support upon your request
- to apply formulas on the professional business information you provide and generate reports, which may assist you in decisions to improve your business (this information is private and not shared with any third parties)
With whom we share your information
Information we gather may be shared with campus constituents to improve programs, outreach, and other campus initiatives. Additionally, metrics may be shared with vendors to improve communications related to these activities. However, we will not sell this data to third-parties for their use in direct marketing, advertising, or for the promotion of their products and services.
Cookies and other collection technologies
Cookies are text files stored on your computer and accessible only to the websites which create them.
Our websites automatically gather anonymous information about our visitors including IP addresses, browser types, and the times and dates of webpage visits. The information collected does not include any personally identifiable details and is used to improve our services and administer our websites.
Protecting your information
No method of transmitting over the internet or storing electronic data is 100% secure, but this site has measures in place to help protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of the information that is under our control.
We use email marketing platforms to communicate with audiences such as prospective students, event attendees, enrolled students, staff and faculty members, alumni, and corporate sponsors. All emails sent from these platforms include the physical address of the office sending the email, and a functioning unsubscribe or opt-out link.
Social Media Presence
If you share our content through social media, such as liking us on Facebook, interacting with us on LinkedIn or Instagram, or tweeting about us on Twitter, those social networks will record that you have done so and may set a cookie for this purpose.
If you wish to opt-out of any of these social interactions please refer to the specific social media platform for instructions on how to do so.
External Website Links
From time-to-time, we will link to external websites that we neither own nor control. Cornell University is not responsible for the content, privacy practices, or web accessibility needs on these websites.
Special Notice for EU Residents
If you are located within the European Economic Area (European Union, Norway, Liechtenstein, and Iceland), we acknowledge the rights granted to you under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
These rights may include:
- Right to access your information held by us
- Right to correct inaccurate or incorrect information about you
- Right to the erasure of your information when it is no longer necessary for us to retain it
- Right to restrict processing of your personal information in specific situations
- Right to object to processing your information, including sending you communications that may be considered direct-marketing materials
- Right to object to automated decision-making and profiling, where applicable
- Right to complain to a supervisory authority in your jurisdiction within the EU
Please contact us with any questions, concerns, or if you wish to exercise any of these rights: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this privacy notice as it applies to this website:
Cornell SC Johnson College of Business
Office of Marketing and Communications
209 Dryden Road, 5th Floor
Ithaca, NY 14850