What Makes the MS in Business Analytics Program Unique
Cornell’s STEM-certified Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA) program was designed from the ground up to uniquely prepare working professionals seeking to build a career in analytics with the skills employers desire most: a comprehensive understanding of the language and concepts of business, strong communication and teamwork skills, and the ability to apply the tools of data science to real problems and real data through program concentrations.
Whether you’re an analyst or data scientist, work in digitally-enabled or mainstream business functions, or are a recent grad preparing for a career, this STEM MSBA program will help you master analytical methods and modeling, integrate these concepts and tools with business data, and directly apply the learning to solve problems and maximize performance in your professional work.
16 month accelerated master’s
17 Online MSBA Courses
2 Summer Residency Weeks
Part-Time MSBA While You Work
Benefits of an MS in Business Analytics
By earning a STEM certified MS in Business Analytics from Cornell, you will acquire a powerful blend of business knowledge, rigorous analytics training, and creative problem-solving abilities. You’ll graduate ready to:
- Confidently use essential analytics tools like Excel, Python, R, SQL, and Tableau to collect, visualize, and analyze data to support business decision-making and evaluate results
- Apply business foundations and critical thinking to real problems and questions facing your organization
- Communicate effectively with data
- Collaborate in diverse teams and execute large projects
- Bring the credibility, business mindset, and analytical skills needed to make sound, data-driven recommendations and decisions
- Prepare for your career in the mentorship of the Career Management Center at the Cornell SC Johnson College of Business
- Signal your data science skill set to employers and organizations through the completion of this STEM MSBA program
MSBA Tuition and Financial Aid
Estimated MSBA tuition for the 2022–2023 MSBA cohort is $78,586, billed in four installments at the start of each program term. Tuition for 2022–2023 is being finalized and will be announced in January 2022. Additionally, an application fee of $105 is due when you submit your application.
If you receive an offer of admission and want to accept it, you must officially do so through the online application system by the date indicated in your admission letter. When you accept your offer, you must also pay a nonrefundable admission deposit of $500, which secures your place in the incoming class. For more information, please visit the Office of the Bursar’s website.
In addition to tuition costs, accommodations for your two on-campus sessions are at your expense; you can make arrangements at any of several local hotels, inns, or bed and breakfasts.
To help cover costs, eligible MSBA students can apply for federal Stafford loans. The Johnson Financial Aid Office handles federal loan information. All applicants will be considered for merit scholarships at the time of MSBA program admission by Johnson. There is no separate application requirement for merit scholarships.
November 15, 2021
First Application Deadline*
May 16, 2022
Program Start Date
July 5–10, 2022**
Ithaca Residency Week
August 21–27, 2023**
New York City Residency Week