What Makes the MS in Business Analytics Program Unique?
Cornell’s STEM-certified Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA) program was designed from the ground up to uniquely prepare working professionals seeking to build a career in business analytics with the skills employers desire most: a comprehensive understanding of the language and concepts of business, strong communication and teamwork skills, and the ability to apply the tools of data science to real problems and real data through program concentrations.
Whether you’re an analyst or data scientist, work in digitally-enabled or mainstream business functions, or are a recent grad preparing for a career, this STEM MSBA degree program will help you master analytical methods and modeling, integrate these concepts and tools with business data, and directly apply the learning to solve problems and maximize performance in your professional work.
16 Month Accelerated MSBA Degree
19 Online MSBA Courses
2 Summer Residency Weeks
Part-Time MSBA While You Work
Benefits of an MS in Business Analytics?
By earning a STEM-certified MS in Business Analytics degree from Cornell, you will acquire a powerful blend of business knowledge, rigorous analytics training, and creative problem-solving abilities. You’ll graduate ready to:
- Confidently use essential analytics tools like Excel, Python, R, SQL, and Tableau to collect, visualize, and analyze data to support business decision-making and evaluate results
- Apply business foundations and critical thinking to real problems and questions facing your organization
- Communicate effectively with data
- Collaborate in diverse teams and execute large projects
- Bring the credibility, business mindset, and analytical skills needed to make sound, data-driven recommendations and decisions
- Prepare for your career with the mentorship of the Career Management Center at the Cornell SC Johnson College of Business
- Signal your data science skill set to employers and organizations through the completion of this STEM MSBA program
February 15, 2023
Next Application Deadline
May 22, 2023
Program Start Date
June 12–16, 2023
Ithaca Residency Week
August 5-9, 2024*
New York City Residency Week
MSBA Tuition and Financial Aid
MSBA tuition for the 2022–2023 MSBA cohort is $79,000, billed in four equal installments at the start of each program term. Additionally, an application fee of $105 is due when you submit your application. Tuition for the 2023-2024 cohort will be announced in February 2023, and may increase marginally from the 2022-2023 tuition.
If you receive an offer of admission and want to accept it, you must officially do so through the online application system by the date indicated in your admission letter. When you accept your offer, you must also pay a nonrefundable admission deposit of $1,500, which secures your place in the incoming class. For more information, please visit the Office of the Bursar’s website.
In addition to tuition costs, accommodations for your two on-campus sessions are at your expense. All students are expected to attend the residential sessions in person. The first summer residency week is in Ithaca. You will stay in housing on Cornell University’s Ithaca campus. The second summer residency week is in New York City and you must make your own lodging arrangements.
To help cover costs, eligible MSBA students can apply for federal Stafford loans. The Johnson Financial Aid Office handles federal loan information. All applicants will be considered for merit scholarships at the time of MSBA program admission by Johnson. There is no separate application requirement for merit scholarships.