The Samuel C. Johnson Distinguished Service Award is a lifetime achievement award that recognizes extraordinary alumni for their sustained and exemplary commitment to Johnson and its alumni.
- 2018: Hirschel Abelson '55, MBA '56
- 2016: Nelson Schaenen Jr. '50, MBA '51
- 2015: Charles L. Jarvie '58, MBA '59
- 2013: Jack M. Ferraro, MBA '70
- 2012: Henry P. Renard '54, MBA '55
- 2011: Karen Keating '76
- 2010: Jeffrey Berg '79, MEng '80, MBA '81
- 2009: J. Roger O'Neil, MBA '61
- 2008: Robert W. Staley '58, MBA '59 and Tom Mulligan '73, MBA '77
- 2007: Richard Marin '75, MBA '76
Open to alumni who graduated more than 20 years ago
- Lifetime achievement award that recognizes extraordinary alumni for their sustained and exemplary commitment to Johnson and its alumni.
- Award honors alumni who have demonstrated continued engagement with Johnson through long-term volunteer activities within the broad spectrum of Johnson's alumni engagement opportunities.
- Service may be reflected in the leadership roles that the individual has assumed, or through the unique contributions made by the person as a part of his or her service to Johnson.
- Service to Johnson as a volunteer and/or leader in many engagement opportunities is required, such as the advisory council, regional clubs, reunion, class activities, career management center, admissions, and guest class lecturer (no meant to be exhaustive).
- Alumni are honored because of the significant impact their volunteer service has had on the school.
- Consideration is given to the length and depth of the individual's activities.
- Honorees are chosen from candidates proposed by the Johnson community (alumni, faculty, and staff).
- University Trustees are not eligible for consideration until they are no longer active members of the board.
- Maximum of two awards may be presented annually, should qualified candidates be nominated.
To nominate an alumna or alumnus for the Samuel C. Johnson Distinguished Service Award or the Robert J. Swieringa Young Alumni Service Award, please fill out the online nomination form.