Professor Andrew Davis is an assistant professor of operations, technology, and information management at the Johnson Graduate School of Management. His research focuses on decision making in supply chains, for which he conducts controlled laboratory experiments with human participants to investigate how behavioral factors affect decisions relating to supply chain and operations management. His research has been published in Management Science, Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, and Production and Operations Management. He serves on the editorial board of Production & Operations Management and is the president of the INFORMS Behavioral Operations Section.
Some of the awards that Professor Davis has received include the Wickham Skinner Early Career Accomplishments Award (Honorable Mention), the Best Reviewer Award from the Behavioral College of Production and Operations Management, first runner-up in the Best Working Paper Award from the INFORMS Behavioral Operations Society, the Meritorious Service Award from Management Science, and the Clifford H. Whitcomb Faculty Fellowship from the Johnson School at Cornell University. He was also named one of "The World's Best 40 Under 40 Business School Professors" by Poets and Quants.
Prior to joining Johnson in 2011, Professor Davis worked for C&S Wholesale Grocers, a $30 billion grocery distributor, in various supply chain roles. He earned a BA in economics from Colgate University, an MBA from the Pennsylvania State University, and a PhD in supply chain management also from the Pennsylvania State University.
- Davis, Andrew; Hyndman, Kyle. "Multidimensional Bargaining and Inventory Risk in Supply Chains: An Experimental Study" Management Science (forthcoming).
- Davis, Andrew; Leider, Stephen. "Contracts and Capacity Investment in Supply Chains" Manufacturing and Service Operations Management (forthcoming).
- Davis, Andrew. "Biases in Individual Decision Making" The Handbook of Behavioral Operations Management, Ed. Karen Donohue, Ed. Elena Katok, Ed. Stephen Leider (forthcoming).
- Davis, Andrew; Hyndman, Kyle. "An Experimental Investigation of Managing Quality Through Monetary and Relational Incentives" Management Science (forthcoming).
- Davis, Andrew. "An Experimental Investigation of Pull Contracts in Supply Chains" Production and Operations Management. 24.2 (2015): 325-340
- Davis, Andrew; Katok, Elena; Santamaría, Natalia. "Push, Pull, or Both? A Behavioral Study of How the Allocation of Inventory Risk Affects Channel Efficiency" Management Science. 60.11 (2014): 2666-2683
- Davis, Andrew; Katok, Elena; Kwasnica, Anthony. "Should Sellers Prefer Auctions? A Laboratory Comparison of Auctions and Sequential Mechanisms" Management Science. 60.4 (2014): 990-1008
- Davis, Andrew; Katok, Elena; Kwasnica, Anthony. "Do Auctioneers Pick Optimal Reserve Prices?" Management Science. 57.1 (2011): 177-192
- Katok, Elena; Thomas, Douglas; Davis, Andrew. "Inventory Service-Level Agreements as Coordination Mechanisms: The Effect of Review Periods" Manufacturing and Service Operations Management. 10.4 (2008): 609-624
Awards and Honors
- Meritorious Service Award (2017) Management Science
- Meritorious Service Award (2016) Management Science
- The World's Best 40 Under 40 Business School Professors (2015) Poets and Quants
- NCC 5080 - Managing Operations
- Ph D Pennsylvania State University, 2011
- MBA Pennsylvania State University, 2006
- BA Colgate University, 2003