Yao Cui is an assistant professor of operations, technology and information management at the Samuel Curtis Johnson Graduate School of Management at Cornell University. Prior to joining Johnson, he received his doctoral degree from the Stephen M. Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan and his bachelor's degree from Department of Industrial Engineering at Tsinghua University.
Professor Cui's research interests include: innovative pricing and revenue management, and operations management in new business models. Combining analytical and empirical methodologies, his research investigates managerial issues across several industries, such as airline, hotel, entertainment, and retail. His most recent research focuses on the sharing economy. At Johnson, Professor Cui teaches the operations management core course in the EMBA and MBA programs.
Awards and Honors
- Clifford H. Whitcomb Faculty Fellowship (2017) Johnson School of Management, Cornell University
- NCC 5080 - Managing Operations
- NCCB 5080 - Operations Management
- Ph D University of Michigan, 2015
- BEng Tsinghua University, 2009