- Assistant Professor
- Innovation, Entrepreneurship & Technology
- Operations Management
- Revenue Management
- Supply Chain Management
Yao Cui is an assistant professor of operations, technology and information management at the Samuel Curtis Johnson Graduate School of Management at Cornell University. Prior to joining Johnson, he received his doctoral degree from the Stephen M. Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan and his bachelor's degree from Department of Industrial Engineering at Tsinghua University.
Professor Cui's research interests include: innovative pricing and revenue management, and operations management in new business models. Combining analytical and empirical methodologies, his research investigates managerial issues across several industries, such as airline, hotel, entertainment, and retail. His most recent research focuses on the sharing economy. At Johnson, Professor Cui teaches the operations management core course in the EMBA and MBA programs.
- Cui, Yao; Duenyas, Izak; Şahin, Özge. "Should Event Organizers Prevent Resale of Tickets?" Management Science. 60.9 (2014): 2160-2179
- Cui, Yao; Duenyas, Izak; Şahin, Özge. "Pricing of Conditional Upgrades in the Presence of Strategic Consumers" Management Science. 64.7 (2018): 3208-3226
- Cui, Yao; Duenyas, Izak; Şahin, Özge. "Unbundling of Ancillary Service: How Does Price Discrimination of Main Service Matter?" Manufacturing and Service Operations Management. 20.3 (2018): 455-466
- Cui, Yao; Orhun, A.; Duenyas, Izak. "How Price Dispersion Changes when Upgrades are Introduced: Theory and Empirical Evidence from Airline Industry" Management Science. 65.8 (2019): 3449-3947
- Chen, Li; Cui, Yao; Lee, Hau. "Retailing with 3D Printing" (in preparation).
- Cui, Yao; Hu, Ming. "Under the Same Roof: Value of Shared Living in Airbnb" (in preparation).
Awards and Honors
- Clifford H. Whitcomb Faculty Fellowship (2017) Johnson School of Management, Cornell University
- NCC 5080 - Managing Operations
- NCCB 5080 - Operations Management
- PhD University of Michigan, 2015
- BEng Tsinghua University, 2009