- Assistant Professor
- International and Development Economics and Policy
- Applied Economics
Samuel Curtis Johnson Graduate School of Management
Shreya Kankanhalli is an Assistant Professor of Marketing and Management Communications at Cornell University's Johnson Graduate School of Management within the SC Johnson College of Business. She conducts randomized field experiments and econometric analysis to investigate firm strategies and consumer behavior in developing economics. Substantively, her current current research focuses on how traditional small-scale retail firms can modernize and adopt digital technologies, including Fintech. She aims to do policy-relevant and managerially-relevant research that uncovers mechanisms by which traditional micro-entrepreneurs can improve their financial and business performance. She creates novel datasets in her research by collecting primary field data on understudied marketing variables, algorithmically analyzing images of firms, and obtaining electronic transaction data from traditional firms.
Professor Kankanhalli graduated from Stanford University with a Ph.D. in Quantitative Marketing in 2021. She holds a BA (with Honors) and MSc (with Distinction) in Economics from Cambridge University and the London School of Economics, respectively.
- AEM 4080 - Innovation And New Product Management
- NBA 6240 - Strategic Product and Marketing Immersion
- NBA 6045 - Strategic Product Management
- PhD Graduate School of Business, Stanford Graduate School of Business, 2021
- MS Economics, London School of Economics, 2016
- BA Economics, University of Cambridge, 2015