- Assistant Professor
- Managerial Accounting
- Management Control
- Behavioral Research
- Decision Making
Professor Xinyu Zhang is an assistant professor of accounting at the Samuel Curtis Johnson Graduate School of Management. Her primary research interest is the management control systems used in practice. Her current work examines how management control systems (e.g. incentives, feedback) bond and alienate individuals and in turn influence their cooperation and productivity. She is also interested in the antecedents and consequences of pro-social behavior and misreporting.
- Chan, Eric; Zhang, Xinyu. "Understanding and Deterring Misreporting in Nonprofits: the Joint Effects of Pay Level and Penalty Type"The Accounting Review. (forthcoming).
- Chan, Eric; Kachelmeier, Steven; Zhang, Xinyu. "Working Longer but Not Harder: The Effects of Incentivizing Inputs versus Outputs in a Heterogeneous Workforce
"The Accounting Review (in preparation).
- NBA 5110 - Financial Modeling
- PhD University of Texas, Austin, 2018
- MS Tilburg University, 2013
- MS Bocconi University, 2011
- MS Fundan University, 2011
- BMS Xi'an Jiaotong University, 2008