- Assistant Professor
Professor Yao Lu studies financial disclosure and reporting, with a focus on financial institution and capital market settings. Some of his recent work investigates the effect of liquidity disclosure regulation on banks’ liquidity holdings, the predictability of banks’ long-term loan losses, and the information content of management guidance. He is also interested in the role of accounting in corporate sustainability. He received his PhD in accounting from the University of Chicago. Prior to his PhD studies, he worked for Goldman Sachs as an equity research analyst in Hong Kong.
- NMI 5000 - Directed Reading & Research
- AEM 3520 - Financial Statements Analysis
- PhD University of Chicago, 2021
- MS University of Michigan, 2013
- MA University of Michigan, 2013
- BS Peking University, 2011