MBA Program Details
The Accelerated One-Year MBA at Cornell University is designed for established professionals who are preparing for leadership roles or who want to minimize time away from work and accelerate their careers.
The general business curriculum is delivered in just 12 months (May to May), so this is a particularly rigorous fast-track program saving you time and money. The program minimizes career disruption while delivering an ideal blend of lockstep core courses and custom-tailored electives.
The accelerated format encapsulates a Two-year MBA experience into one year.
- You begin with core courses during the summer semester as the foundational knowledge needed for leadership roles.
- Leading Teams
- Critical and Strategic Thinking
- Managing Operations
- Data Analytics and Modeling
- Financial Accounting
- Microeconomics for Management
- Marketing Management
- Managerial Finance
- The fall semester features a wide variety of experiential learning opportunities for one-year MBAs. Students can complete their final core course in Operations, add Electives, and actively participate in the Cayuga Fund, Big Red Ventures, Bid Red Tech Strategy, Big Red Microenterprises, or Big Red Consulting.
- Numerous electives allow you to explore your interests through Johnson business courses, as well as through courses from Cornell’s other graduate schools.
Immersions and Concentrations
- In your spring semester you can participate in an immersion program and add breadth and depth to your MBA experience with one or more of our concentrations. In most of your courses, you will learn alongside students from our Two-Year MBA and Johnson Cornell Tech programs, for a truly collaborative experience.
The Johnson Community
Arjun Iyengar, MD, MBA ’15
“Learning in action and the opportunity to implement skills in group settings make this accelerated MBA program appealing.”