Two-Year MBA Leadership Skills Program
The sessions complement our leadership curriculum and offer you practical tools and hands-on, interactive training in core leadership competencies.
The Leadership Skills Program brings in facilitators and practitioners from across the country so that students have access to some of the most interesting minds in leadership development.
Examples of past workshops include:
- Leading Innovation through Design Thinking
- Managing for New Managers
- ExperienceChange: Intensive Change Management Simulation
- Strategic Planning for Club Leaders
- How to Lead an Effective Meeting
- Passing the Baton: Managing Successful Leadership Transitions
- How to Motivate, Manage, and Measure Performance
- Communicating for Success: Leading Amidst Adversity
- Catching Unethical Behavior Before it Happens
- Courageous Conversations
- Nonprofit Board Leadership
The workshops are meant to be highly interactive, with opportunities to practice skills as you learn them and can be taken for credit.
"You might assume that students avoid any optional Friday session at all costs, but instead I have taken every workshop I can possibly squeeze into my schedule. Business school is hectic, and LSPs have afforded me invaluable time for self-reflection and review. Every workshop I have taken was worthwhile and has helped me to become a more self-aware and thoughtful leader."Stephanie Greenleaf, MBA ’15
"The workshops are a great way to add polish to your business toolkit. I took several to strengthen my skills in communication, leadership, and persuasion. They are led by industry leaders, flexible around an MBA’s schedule, and provide superior content."J. Shakir Ramsey, MBA ‘12
"One workshop I took that really stands out was ‘Managing Difficult Conversations.’ I’m conflict averse and I knew that was something I needed to work on. Learning the principles and then role-playing and getting feedback right on the spot was really helpful. I was able to use what I learned right away."Lisa Rodriguez, MBA ‘12