Kenneth S. Rother
- Visiting Lecturer
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Product Management
- Product Development
- Technology Strategy
Samuel Curtis Johnson Graduate School of Management
Ken is a senior executive with more than 30 years of experience. He has a deep understanding of business operations, technology based innovation and client management. Ken has built his career by leveraging a strong software technology background to hold both staff and management positions in industries including computer graphics, financial services, telecom, internet consulting and media. Most recently he was SVP of Digital Media at Discovery Communications.
As an entrepreneur Ken co-founded a software engineering startup in Toronto and joined an early stage online media company as President and COO. Both businesses were successfully exited and in both cases Ken held SVP roles with the acquiring firm for 5+ years.
Ken's current interest includes the renaissance in hardware products enabled by advances in desktop manufacturing, crowd funding, cloud computing, electronics, and small-scale manufacturing.
- NBA 6230 - Actualizing Your Startup - Part I
- NBA 6330 - Actualizing Your Startup - Part II
- NBA 3000 - Designing New Ventures
- NBA 5640 - Designing New Ventures
- NMI 5000 - Directed Reading & Research
- NBAE 6910 - Entrepreneurship of Physical Products
- NBA 6910 - Physical Product Entrepreneurship
- NBAE 5750 - The Customer Experience
- DEC Dawson College Montreal, 1979