Lourdes Casanova, Senior Lecturer and Director Emerging Markets Institute, Cornell S.C. Johnson College of Busines, Cornell University, formerly at INSEAD, specializes in international business with focus on emerging markets multinationals. Awarded in 2014 and 2015 one of the 50 most influential Iberoamerican intellectuals and in 2017 one of the 30 most influential Iberoamerican women intellectuals by Esglobal. Faculty Fellow at the Atkinson Center for a Sustainable Future. Fulbright Scholar with Master degree from University of Southern California and PhD from University of Barcelona. Taught, directed executive programs at INSEAD for senior managers including Telefónica, BBVA and Cemex and Brazilian Confederation of Industries. Some of the latest publications
- Co-author with P. Cornelius and S. Dutta: Entrepreneurship and the Finance of Innovation in Emerging Markets. Elsevier.
- 2017. Co-Author with A. Miroux: Emerging Market Multinationals Report and
- 2016: The China Surge.
- Co-author with J. Kassum: The Political Economy of an Emerging Global Power: In Search of the Brazil Dream, Palgrave Macmillan 2014,
- Author ‘Global Latinas: Latin America’s emerging multinationals’ Palgrave Macmillan 2009,
- Co-author Innovalatino, Fostering Innovation in Latin America, Ariel 2011,
- Articles in journals including Beijing Business Review, International Journal of Human Resource Management, Business and Politics and Foreign Affairs Latinoamérica.
- Writer of an op-ed at Latin Trade http://latintrade.com/ and
- Regular contributor to CNN en español http://cnnespanol.cnn.com/.
Member of Latin America Global Agenda Council and the Competitiveness in Latin America taskforce of World Economic Forum, B20 Task Force on ICT and Innovation in G20 summit, Los Cabos (2012), responsible at INSEAD of Goldman Sachs 10,000 women initiative. Board member of Boyce Tompson Institute, start-up Documenta, founding Board Member of the Societé des Amis du Chateau de Fontainebleau and member of the Advisory Council of the Tompkins Public Library. Founding board member Emerging Multinationals Research Network. Co-founder of the Ithaca Hub of World Economic Forum’ Global Shapers network.
Visiting professor, Haas School of Business, University of California at Berkeley: Judge Business School, University of Cambridge and Latin American Centre, University of Oxford; University of Zurich, and Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona. Consultant Inter-American Development Bank.