- Breazzano Family Term Professor of Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Operations Strategy
- Data-Driven Analytics
Dr. Li Chen is a Professor of Operations, Technology and Information Management and Breazzano Family Term Professor of Management at Samuel Curtis Johnson Graduate School of Management at Cornell University. Dr. Chen’s research interests concern supply chain management, operations strategy, and data-driven analytics. He has published research works in top journals in the operations management field, such as Management Science, Operations Research, and Manufacturing, Service and Operations Management.
Prior to joining Johnson School, Dr. Chen was an Associate Professor of Business Administration at The Fuqua School of Business at Duke University. Before his Duke appointment, Dr. Chen spent four years at TrueDemand Software, a supply chain software company in Silicon Valley, where he was the cofounder and lead scientist of the company. Dr. Chen obtained his PhD in Management Science and Engineering from Stanford University in 2005.
- Bae, Junhyun; Chen, Li; Yao, Shiqing. "Service capacity and price promotion wars"Management Science. (forthcoming).
- Chen, Li; Papanastasiou, Yiangos. "Seeding the herd: Pricing and welfare effects of social learning manipulation"Management Science. 67.11 (2021): 6734-6750
- Chen, Li; Kim, Sang-Hyun; Lee, Hau. "Vehicle Maintenance Contracting in Developing Economies: The Role of Social Enterprise"Manufacturing and Service Operations Management. 23.6 (2021): 1651-1668
- Chen, Li; Cui, Yao; Lee, Hau. "Retailing with 3D Printing"Production and Operations Management. 30.7 (2021): 1986-2007
- Chen, Li. "Fixing Phantom Stockouts: Optimal Data-Driven Shelf Inspection Policies"Production and Operations Management. 30.3 (2021): 689-702
- Chen, Li; Yao, Shiqing; Zhu, Kaijie. "Responsible Sourcing under Supplier-Auditor Collusion"Manufacturing and Service Operations Management. 22.6 (2020): 1234-1250
- Chen, Li; Wu, Chengyu. "Open-Loop Policies in Bayesian Dynamic Pricing: Some Counter-Intuitive Observations and Insights"Operations Research Letters. 47.5 (2019): 331-338
- Chen, Li; Lee, Hau. "Sourcing Under Supplier Responsibility Risk: The Effects of Certification, Audit, and Contingency Payment"Management Science. 63.9 (2017): 2795–2812
- Chen, Li; Song, Jing-Sheng; Zhang, Yue. "Serial Inventory Systems with Markov-Modulated Demand: Derivative Bounds, Asymptotic Analysis, and Insights"Operations Research. 65.5 (2017): 1231-1249
- Chen, Li; Mersereau, Adam; Wang, Zhe. "Optimal Merchandise Testing with Limited Inventory"Operations Research. 65.4 (2017): 968-991
- NMI 5000 - Directed Reading & Research
- NBA 6430 - Managerial Spreadsheet Modeling
- NCCT 5080 - Managing Operations
- NRE 5390 - PhD Seminar: Foundations of Operations Management I: Demand Forecasting and Inventory Theory
- NBA 6420 - Supply Chain Analytics
- NBAE 6420 - Supply Chain Strategy
- NBA 6410 - Supply Chain Strategy
- PhD Stanford University, 2005