- Lewis H. Durland Professor of Management
- Innovation, Entrepreneurship & Technology
Professor Murillo Campello is Lewis H. Durland Professor of Management and professor of finance at the Johnson Graduate School of Management. An internationally recognized scholar of financial economics, Campello's papers have dealt with such issues as the impact of market imperfections on companies, the limits of the firm, product markets, corporate capital structure, monetary policy transmission, financial crises, and econometrics. His work has been cited by prominent policy authorities, such as the Federal Reserve chairman, mentioned in Congressional hearings, described in the "Economic Report of the President," and used to advise the U.S. Supreme Court. His recent work on the financial crisis has been widely featured in the financial press (Financial Times, Reuters, The Wall Street Journal), books, and academic outlets.
Campello has published extensively in leading finance journals and has served as an associate editor at The Review of Financial Studies, The Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, The Journal of Corporate Finance, and The International Review of Finance. He is currently the co-managing editor of The Journal of Financial Intermediation. He received the biennial "Rising Star" award in 2010 and has been named "Distinguished Referee" by The Review of Financial Studies twice for his referee work on behalf of the journal. His papers were nominated twice for the distinguished Brattle Prize of the Journal of Finance, and he received the Goldman Sachs Best Paper award by The Review of Finance.
Professor Campello is a research associate of the National Bureau of Economic Research. He earned his PhD in finance from the University of Illinois in 2000, an MS in business administration from the Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro in 1995, and a BS in economics from the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro in 1991.
- NBAT 5900 - Advanced Topics in Finance
- NBA 5580 - Corporate Financial Policy
- NBAB 5580 - Corporate Financial Policy
- NBA 6880/LAW 6235 - Financial Distress, Bankruptcy and Restructuring
- NRE 5060 - PhD Seminar - Corporate Finance Theory
- NRE 5110 - PhD Seminar in Empirical Corporate Finance
- PhD University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, 2000
- MS Pontifical Catholic University, 1994
- BA Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, 1991