- Visiting Lecturer
- David J. BenDaniel Faculty Advisor for the BR Ventures Fund
- Asset Management
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Management and Operations
- Technology Strategy
Samuel Curtis Johnson Graduate School of Management
Tom Schryver teaches entrepreneurship and venture capital at Johnson, where he serves as the David J. BenDaniel Faculty Advisor for BR Ventures. An entrepreneur and angel investor who has served as a startup founder and senior executive of high-growth companies, Tom has structured new companies and raised capital in the form of private venture capital and venture debt, as well as grants and loans from local, state, and federal agencies. Previously, he was an investment banker and institutional investor, leading a private family foundation to top-quartile investment returns.
In addition to teaching at Johnson, he serves as the Executive Director of the Center for Regional Economic Advancement (CREA) at Cornell, part of Cornell's Office of the Vice President for Research and Innovation. In that role, he directs the National Science Foundation-funded IN I-Corps Hub and is the Hub's lead instructor and serves on the NSF I-Corps Hub Council. At CREA, he oversees a portfolio of programs that help people start and grow new businesses, including the IN I-Corps Hub, Rev: Ithaca Startup Works and the Southern Tier Startup Alliance; and Grow-NY, Empire State Development's $1m food and ag innovation competition.
He serves as chair of the Business Incubator Association of New York State, on the boards of Tompkins County Area Development, Britnell Ventures, Fig Medical, and sits on the Southern Tier Regional Economic Development Council, where he co-chairs its innovation working group.
Tom has an AB from Cornell University and an MBA from the Johnson School at Cornell, where he was a recipient of the Albert J. Fried Fellowship for Leadership and Academic Excellence. He is a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA).
- NBA 5075/LAW 6114 - Big Red Ventures
- NBA 5115 - BR Tech Strategy
- NBAB 5710 - Cornell Management Simulation
- NBAE 5710 - Cornell Management Simulation
- NBAY 5300 - Entrepreneurial Finance
- NBA 5305 - Entrepreneurial Finance: Valuation and Term Sheet Design
- NBA 6395 - Entrepreneurial Mindset
- NBA 5185 - Green Tech Innovation in Practice
- NBAE 6830 - Innovation and New Venture Creation
- NBAY 5301 - Introduction to Entrepreneurial Finance: Firm Valuation and Term Sheets
- NBA 5175 - Life Science Entrepreneurship in Practice
- NBA 3000 - The Business of Entrepreneurship
- NBA 5640 - The Business of Entrepreneurship
- MBA Cornell University, 2002
- BA Cornell University, 1993