- Visiting Lecturer
- David J. BenDaniel Faculty Advisor for the BR Ventures Fund
- Asset Management
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Management and Operations
- Technology Strategy
Samuel Curtis Johnson Graduate School of Management
Tom Schryver teaches entrepreneurship at Johnson, where he serves as the David J. BenDaniel Faculty Advisor for BR Ventures. An experienced entrepreneur and angel investor who has served as a startup founder and senior executive of high-growth companies, Tom has successfully structured new companies and raised capital in the form of private venture capital and venture debt, as well as grants and loans from local, state, and federal agencies. Previously, he was an investment banker and institutional investor, leading a private family foundation to top-quartile investment returns.
In addition to teaching at Johnson, he serves as the Executive Director of the Center for Regional Economic Advancement (CREA) at Cornell. In that role, he directs the National Science Foundation-funded UNY I-Corps Node and Cornell I-Corps Site, and is the Node's lead instructor as well as for the College of Engineering's Commercialization Fellows program. At CREA, he oversees Rev: Ithaca Startup Works and the Southern Tier Startup Alliance; 76 West, NYSERDA's $1m clean energy business competition, and Grow-NY, Empire State Development’s $1m food and ag innovation competition.
He serves as chair of the Business Incubator Association of New York State, on the boards of Tompkins County Area Development and Britnell Ventures, and co-chairs the Southern Tier Regional Economic Development Council's innovation working group.
Tom has an AB from Cornell University and an MBA from the Johnson School at Cornell, where he was a recipient of the Albert J. Fried Fellowship for Leadership and Academic Excellence. He is a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA).
- NBA 6230 - Actualizing Your Startup - Part I
- NBA 5075 - Big Red Ventures
- NMI 5110 - BR Tech Strategy
- NBA 5710 - Cornell Management Simulation
- NBAB 5710 - Cornell Management Simulation
- NBA 5640 - Designing New Ventures
- NBA 3000 - Designing New Ventures
- NMI 5000 - Directed Reading & Research
- NBAE 6830 - Innovation and New Venture Creation
- MBA Cornell University, 2002
- BA Cornell University, 1993