Investment Banking Immersion (IBI)
Providing real-world investment banking experience to students in an academic environment.
Analyzing actual transactions and developing new business pitches for CEOs are just two of the many ways that students apply the practices they learn through the IBI immersion. Students acquire a unique, firsthand, and comprehensive understanding of the investment banking industry, along with a range of technical skills that position them for success and set them apart from their peers.
A Sample of Companies Recruiting Here
Recent IBI students secured MBA internships and full-time employment at prestigious banks and financial institutions such as:
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Deutsche Bank
- Goldman Sachs
- JP Morgan
- Houlihan Lokey
- Poets & Quants ranked Johnson’s investment banking immersion (IBI) #3 in investment banking placement.
- Eighty-five percent of our students convert their internships into full-time offers—significantly higher than the “street” average conversion rate of 70 percent.
- Nearly all IBI participants receive summer associate internship offers in investment banking.
Students enrolled in this immersion will have the opportunity to learn from first-rate faculty, visit Wall Street firms, analyze landmark transactions, get advice from senior clients, and be coached and critiqued by top investment bankers, week in and week out, for a full semester. IBI’s dynamic curriculum includes:
- IBI Practicum
- Theory-based courses in accounting, modeling, operations, and analytics
- Electives such as valuation, governance, financial policy, restructuring tax, and more
Key Skills Developed
The investment banking immersion cultivates and strengthens your skillsets with a special focus on:
- Advising corporate clients
- Raising capital
- Conducting merger and acquisition activity
Clubs & Associations
Take advantage of clubs, associations, and networking opportunities related to investment baking, such as: