Johnson’s unique immersion program is an intense, hands-on semester of integrated course and field work in a specific industry or career interest.
Pioneered by Johnson in the 1990s, the Strategic Semester in Operations immersion enabled first year MBA students to combine classroom learning with practical experience through factory tours and Kaizen projects. This innovation proved so successful that Johnson soon launched immersions in a variety of different functional areas. Today, Johnson offers its unique immersion model for performance learning in eight areas.
The immersion experience combines:
- Cutting-edge course work
- Outstanding faculty
- Coaching by leading business practitioners
- Problem solving under actual business conditions
Immediate benefits of immersion learning are:
- Concentrated, applied knowledge in a chosen field
- Networking with premier companies, faculty, and practitioners
- Problem-solving experience in real-life situations
- Preferred status with summer recruiters and long-term employers