Johnson’s unique immersion program is an intense, hands-on semester of integrated course and field work in a specific industry or career interest.
Pioneered by Johnson in the 1990s, the Strategic Semester in Operations immersion enabled first-year MBA students to combine classroom learning with practical experience through factory tours and Kaizen projects. This innovation proved so successful that Johnson soon launched immersions in a variety of different functional areas. Today, Johnson offers its unique immersion model for performance learning in eight areas.
The immersion experience combines:
- Cutting-edge coursework
- Outstanding faculty
- Coaching by leading business practitioners
- Problem-solving under actual business conditions
Immediate benefits of immersion learning are:
- Concentrated, applied knowledge in a chosen field
- Networking with premier companies, faculty, and practitioners
- Problem-solving experience in real-life situations
- Preferred status with summer recruiters and long-term employers