Thank you for your interest in the Cornell MBA program. We encourage you to review the enclosed information as you prepare your application for submission:
Your application to the Two-Year/One-Year MBA program should include:
- Cornell MBA Online Application Form
- $200 USD Application Fee
- List of Activities
- Goals Statement plus two required essays (third optional)
- Transcripts from all post-secondary coursework and degrees
- GMAT or GRE score report
- English Language Exam (TOEFL or IELTS) score report for applicants whose native language is not English
- One letter of professional recommendation (second optional)
As you progress through the application process, there are several steps and outcomes that you will want to know and understand:
- Applications should be submitted by 11:59 pm Eastern Time.
Initial Notification Date
- You will receive one of three initial notifications following a preliminary review of your application and materials: invitation to interview, waitlist without interview or denial of admission.
- At Johnson, the admissions interview serves as a way for the Admissions Committee to get to know you and gives you the opportunity to assess whether our program and community are a good fit for you. Interviews are evaluative and available by invitation only. Please review our Interview Information posted within our Application Guide to learn more about our interview process and experience.
Final Notification Date
- Following your interview, final decisions, including invitations to join the waitlist, will be released on a rolling basis and posted no later than the date noted for the round in which you submitted your application. Your decision will be posted to your Johnson Application page and you will receive an email message indicating that your decision is available.
Deposit & Official Documentation Deadline
- Two-Year MBA: Candidates who accept their offer of admission must submit their enrollment agreement as well as a non-refundable $1,500 enrollment deposit by 12:00 PM ET on the Deposit & Official Documentation Deadline that corresponds with the round in which you submitted your application. A second and final deposit of $1,500 is required and should be made by June 1, 2019. If you applied with unofficial documentation, please refer to our application guide for official transcript and standardized test submission requirements and submit official copies of your materials with your enrollment agreement and deposit. As a policy, we do not offer deposit extensions.
- Park Fellowship Recipients: Candidates selected to receive the Park Fellowship will be required to submit a $4,500 enrollment deposit; $3,000 on the deposit deadline included in your offer of admission and a second deposit ($1,500) by June 1, 2019. Consortium candidates selected to receive the Park Fellowship will also be required to submit a $4,500 enrollment deposit; $3,000 by the Consortium's April 18, 2019 deposit deadline and a second deposit ($1,500) by June 1, 2019.
- One-Year MBA: Candidates who accept their offer of admission must submit their enrollment agreement as well as a non-refundable $3,000 enrollment deposit by 12:00 PM ET on the Deposit & Official Documentation Deadline that corresponds with the round in which you submitted your application. If you applied with unofficial documentation, please refer to our application guide for official transcript and standardized test submission requirements and submit official copies of your materials with your enrollment agreement and deposit. As a policy, we do not offer deposit extensions.
- Early Action (Priority Review): Candidates offered admission via the Early Action round are required to pay a $3,000 tuition deposit by the corresponding Deposit & Official Documentation Deadline. Offers of admission rendered via the Early Action round are non-binding.
- If you have been invited to join our waitlist with or without an interview, it means that you show potential as an applicant but may have one or more areas in which you can strengthen your candidacy.
- Waitlisted candidates are reviewed on an ongoing basis throughout the admissions cycle. While it is possible to receive a final admissions decision during the admissions cycle, it is also possible to remain on the waitlist through and following our final deposit deadline in June and until our entering class is finalized.
- You are welcome to send any and all updates regarding the steps that you’ve taken to strengthen your candidacy throughout the admissions cycle. Should you make alternate enrollment plans or no longer wish to be considered for admission at Johnson, you may also withdraw yourself from the waitlist though we do ask that you notify us of your decision to do so.
- We encourage you to attend one of our upcoming Waitlist Webinars and review the Waitlist Information posted within our Application Guide to help inform your next steps.