Johnson develops principled, self-aware business leaders. Our efforts are grounded in the Johnson 4Cs Leadership Framework:
- Do you have the relevant knowledge and required skills?
- Will your abilities and actions inspire trust and confidence?
- Are your values clear to yourself and to others?
- Do you live your espoused values?
- Do you stand on principle?
- Do you show individualized concern for those you lead?
- Do you practice inclusive leadership?
- Will you speak up?
- Will you stand alone?
- Will you do what is right, rather than what is easy?
We achieve this through a continuous, reinforcing cycle of instruction, experience, and review:
The “Instruction” part of our learning cycle includes:
Learning can’t be confined to a classroom. The “Experience” portion of our cycle includes:
Our leadership program demands introspection. "Review" is about:
- Soliciting and giving feedback
- Reflecting on your actions
- Having opportunities for leadership coaching
Reflection begins right away when you come here for your MBA. Students in all of our programs take the Johnson 360 Leadership Assessment before they matriculate. The multi-rater instrument allows for a variety of feedback voices, giving students a way to define areas of strength and opportunities for further development so they can maximize their time here at Johnson. All students have the opportunity to review their reports and to receive coaching as they work on their personal leadership development plans.