Johnson's unique immersion program is an intense, hands-on semester of integrated course and field work in a specific industry or career interest.
The immersion experience combines:
Immediate benefits of immersion learning are:
- Cutting-edge course work
- Outstanding faculty
- Coaching by leading business practitioners
- Problem solving under actual business conditions
How it works:
- Concentrated, applied knowledge in a chosen field
- Networking with premier companies, faculty, and practitioners
- Problem-solving experience in real-life situations
- Preferred status with summer recruiters and long-term employers
- Students in the two-year MBA program complete the bulk of the Core MBA coursework during their first semester.
- In the second semester of their first year, most choose an immersion learning experience, plunging them into electives, site visits, and live cases aimed at getting them up to speed in their area of interest.
- Students in the Accelerated MBA program complete the bulk of the Core MBA coursework in a 10-week summer session and during the fall semester. In the spring semester, they have the option to participate in one of the following Immersions: Managerial Finance, Strategic Marketing, or Sustainable Global Enterprise.
Johnson Immersion Offerings:
If you are interested in participating in the Consulting Program for your immersion, please see the immersion listings above. You will still be required to participate in the remaining set of courses for the immersion.