The Business Simulation Lab suite offers a wealth of opportunities to facilitate cutting-edge business research. A full-time lab manager is dedicated to assisting in any way. Resources include:
- A large participant pool comprised mostly of students earning cash or class extra credit points.
- Twenty computer stations in a main lab room, which can be split into two using a sound-proof barrier.
- A focus-group room with conference table, couch, and high-quality audio and video recording equipment.
- Two small breakout rooms to which the lab has first-priority access.
- Four Apple iPads and two Dell laptops for use in and out of the lab.
- Trained research assistants with diverse skills and interests.
- Headphones, portable video cameras, tripods, video editing software, a fridge/freezer unit, and galvanic skin response sensors.
- Data collection software including Qualtrics, MediaLab/DirectRT, and zTree/zLeaf.
- Flexibility to rearrange facilities as needed.
For more info, visit our Lab Facilities page. Email BSLAdmin@.cornell.edu to visit or use the lab, or with any questions. We appreciate and accommodate requests for new programs and data collection capabilities.
Visiting Scholars Program
The Lab welcomes applications for visiting doctoral and post-doctoral scholars to study and conduct research with BSL faculty. Positions usually last for one or two semesters. Visiting scholars typically bring stipends from their current institution or a third-party grant (e.g., a Fulbright scholarship). If interested, contact Lab Director Manoj K. Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org.