All Johnson College of Business faculty and graduate students can use lab facilities, services and technology. Other Cornell researchers are welcome to use the lab’s participant pools to expedite recruitment and request to use lab space. Full-time lab manager Brad Turner supports in-lab and online data collection. Resources include:
- Cornell University pool with about 4,000 participants, mostly current students, but including some staff and many Cornell alumni.
- Local Ithaca community pool to facilitate to access non-student participants.
- Alumni Pool for the SC Johnson College of Business to access business professionals.
- Main lab room with twenty computer stations, which can be split into two (with eight and twelve computers, respectively) by a sound-proof barrier.
- A focus-group room with conference table, couch, and high-quality audio and video recording equipment.
- Two small breakout rooms to which the lab has priority access.
- iPads and laptops for use in and out of the lab.
- Trained Research Assistants that run experiments and perform various services like data cleaning, coding and survey creation.
- Data collection software including Qualtrics, E-Prime, and zTree/zLeaf.
- Headphones, portable video cameras, tripods, and video editing software.
- Galvanic skin response sensors and software.
- Refrigerator and freezer unit.
- Flexibility to rearrange facilities as needed.
For more info, visit our Lab Facilities page and view our annual report.
For more information, email BSLAdmin@cornell.edu. We appreciate and accommodate requests for new programs and data collection capabilities.