The lab uses Sona Systems to manage studies and recruiting. Johnson College of Business Professors should create studies in Sona and send study information to the lab manager to schedule. Non-JCB professors should email study and sign-up information to BSLAdmin@cornell.edu to advertise in weekly emails to participants.
Request an Account
Email BSLAdmin@cornell.edu to request a new researcher account.
Create a Study
Sign in to Sona Systems. Click “Add New Study.” You will need this information.
- Title displayed to participants
- Single-sentence description
- Description explaining what the participant will do during the study and anything else they need to know.
- Target number
- Participant qualifications or constraints
- IRB approval or exemption number and expiration date
- Study and timeslot length
- Incentive: Cash or extra credit or both. If both, set your study up as Standard Type-Credit. We do not mandate a minimum or average payment, and grant half a credit for each half hour of the lab.
- Room(s) you would like to use. See Lab Facilities.
- Schedule: Preferred days and times. See Lab Calendars for availability.
- Account to charge study expenses
- If you are a PhD student, is this for your dissertation?
Email these fields to BSLAdmin@cornell.edu to request support in setting up and/or scheduling your study.
Once you have created the study, add timeslots for participants to sign up for. Click “My Studies” then the study. Click “Study Menu” then “View/Administer Time Slots.” Add timeslots one at a time or in bulk.