On-Campus Visit Logistics
In an effort to provide a safe, equitable, and positive experience for both students and our corporate partners, the Johnson CMC has made the decision that all recruiting activity for the immediate future will be virtual, until we receive new/additional guidance from Cornell University on the event and visitor policy. Reach out to us with any questions.
Over the years we have found that a number of important steps can help ensure an outstanding recruiting visit.
- Corporate presentation, event, interview, and job posting requests can be submitted using the Johnson Talent System employer portal.
- Submit job descriptions promptly for on-campus interviews. Students review job descriptions carefully and pre-screen themselves, making your job easier and your visit more productive.
- If you would like to send company information, product, or giveaways in anticipation of a corporate presentation, please address it to:
Career Management Center
Samuel Curtis Johnson Graduate School of Management
202 Sage Hall, Cornell University
Ithaca, NY 14853
- Please be sure to include the company name and date of your event.
- Let your corporate account manager know as soon as possible if you plan to cancel a recruiting-related event. Please include the reason for the cancellation so that we can inform the students.
- Inform your interviewers and hiring managers of your company’s diversity recruiting policy.
- Inform your interviewers of legal hiring practices and illegal areas of inquiry in interviews. Well-trained interviewers generate enthusiasm for your organization that carries through several years of MBA classes.
- Maintain regular communication with students and keep them up to date on developments in the process.
- Make a reservation for lodging once your recruiting plans are confirmed.
- Cornell is a large, complex campus. Keep your interviewers informed of their transportation and parking arrangements.