Take Your Career to the Next Level with Johnson’s tailored approach to Career Development.
Our Mission: The Cornell Executive MBA Career Development Team partners with Executive MBAs to ignite potential, strengthen leadership and facilitate career achievement
Your career objectives are as unique as your DNA. Our programming, tools and coaching are designed to help you achieve the goals you have set out for yourself in a way that suits your approach to career development. Our dedicated EMBA career coaches provide resources and services to help you navigate your career development process, whether your goals are to continue on your current path, transition to something different, or take an entrepreneurial route
Our unique and comprehensive services include:
- Transition Workshops: Designed to support your transition from one career, company, geography to another
- Advancement Workshops: Build career development skills to last a lifetime
- Career Development Webinars: Covers a wide range of topics including overviews of career resources and tools, LinkedIn and Resume Development, and many more
- Alumni Panels: Designed to inform you about a wide range of topics from “How to Succeed in the EMBA Program” to the ins and outs of a particular industry or function
Suite of one-on-one Coaching Services
- Career Coaching: Strategic and tactical coaching to help you develop a career plan, author an executive resume, learn effective networking skills, connect with alumni, become a pro at interviewing, receive support through career negotiations, and more
- Leadership Coaching: First to market, Johnson at Cornell offers an executive coaching program designed to help you succeed as a business leader in today’s competitive landscape
- Team Coaching: Critical to business success is your capacity to accomplish goals within a team while possessing the ability to be a proven team leader. Coaches trained specifically in Team Coaching, effectively work with you on this critical skill.
Recruiting and Networking Events
- Career Forums: Two events per year in NYC and the West Coast. EMBA students join full-time students in applying for job opportunities with Fortune 500 companies and start-ups.
- EMBA- only Annual Networking Event – “Cornell EMBA Exchange Networking Event” (CEENE): Johnson at Cornell brings together alumni, recruiting professionals and executive MBA students for an evening of networking in NYC.
- Dedicated Cornell EMBA Career Management Web Site
- Career Development Video Library: Includes videos on resume and LinkedIn development, creating a career strategy, interviewing skills, effective communications, ace the case – case interview skills, presentation skills, and more
- Resume Database and Job Postings: Developed specifically for experienced hire candidates
- VMock: SMART technology Resume tool
- Alumni Database: More than 14,000 Johnson alumni and over 225,000 Cornell alumni
- Exclusive Cornell EMBA Career Management LinkedIn Group
- 20th Century Fox
- American Express
- Apple Inc.
- Baker Hughes
- Bank of America
- Bessemer Trust
- Bloomberg L.P.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Cisco Systems
- CVS Caremark Corporation
- Deloitte Consulting LLP
- Federal Reserve Bank of New York
- Gap Inc.
- General Electric Company
- General Motors
- Goldman Sachs & Co.
- Grupo Financiero Banorte
- Google Inc.
- Johnson & Johnson
- JP Morgan Chase
- Microsoft Corporation
- National Basketball Association
- Oracle Corporation
- Pfizer Inc.
- Ralph Lauren Corporation
- Siemens Healthcare
- The Walt Disney Company
- United States Air Force
- United States Army
“Whether you need guidance preparing for an interview, résumé critique, or personal coaching – the Cornell Executive MBA Career Management staff are dedicated to helping you succeed.”Sukhbir Gill, Executive MBA Americas '15, Vice President, BlackRock, Inc.