Cornell-Tsinghua MBA/FMBA

Educating the next generation of leaders in the financial industry

An MBA program offered in both Mandarin and English to experienced executives.

The Cornell-Tsinghua MBA/FMBA is a dual degree program offered by Johnson at Cornell University and PBC School of Finance (PBCSF) at Tsinghua University. The program will operate in Beijing at Tsinghua University and appeal to executive corporate and organizational leaders across China. This two year program is the only part-time, post-experience program, conducted bilingually in English and Chinese (Mandarin) currently offered in the market. It is also the first top U.S. business school at an Ivy League University to offer a degree program in mainland China. The 60 credit program is designed to be bilingual for the purpose of recruiting high quality students and the possibility of enrolling both Mandarin and English-speaking students all over the world. Recruiting will be done primarily in the Greater China region.

Faculty from each respective school will share half of the teaching responsibilities. Approximately 75% of the program will be delivered in China, primarily in Beijing and some classes in Shanghai, Shenzhen and Hong Kong. The remaining approximate 25% of the program will be delivered in New York City and/or Ithaca, NY. The opening ceremony and matriculation for the first intake of the Program will begin on May 5, 2015. The first U.S. residential session is scheduled for October 1-17, 2015, and the second U.S. residential session is scheduled for April - early May, 2016. The approximate two-week study program on Cornell’s Ithaca and NYC Tech campuses will consist of a case competition, a Wall Street trek and integration with Johnson MBA and Executive MBA, to provide an optimal learning environment and opportunities for intense collaboration. The expected number of students making up one section of a class is approximately 65 for the inaugural year.

Christina Sun and Jerry Wang take on the Gobi Desert ChallengeTaking the Road Less Traveled: The Legendary Silk Road

Johnson's Christina Sun and Jerry Wang take on the Gobi Desert ChallengeMore>

Johnson Gobi Desert 2015 Excursion