MPS in Management Curriculum
The MPS in Management Program requires a Cornell Business Minor or equivalent including six business-related courses (18 credits) that must include Financial Accounting, Finance, Economics, Marketing, Management and Statistics and complete an undergraduate degree involving 120 credits or more.
Students must complete the following required classes during their graduate studies. Those who have completed equivalent undergraduate coursework may substitute appropriate graduate management electives as approved by the program director (30 credits). All required courses are 1.5 credit hour half-semester experiences.
Fall (August-October module)
- Managerial Economics, MGMT 5245
- Data Modeling, MGMT 5110
- Management Communication, MGMT 5680
- Career Management Practicum, MGMT 6000
- Systems and Analytics, MGMT 5225
Fall (October-December module)
- Negotiations, MGMT 6820
- Leadership, MGMT 5700
- Marketing Strategy, MGMT 6220
- Macroeconomic Theory, MGMT 5240
- Strategies For Sustainability, Mgmt 6030
Spring (January-March module)
- Managerial Reporting, MGMT 5020
- Financial Statement Analysis, NBA 5060
- Financial Modeling, MGMT 5110
- Strategy, MGMT 5090
- Investments, AEM 4670
Spring (March-May module)
- Operations Management, MGMT 5080
- Advanced Corporate Finance, MGMT 5260
- Entrepreneurship, MGMT 5640
- Management Cases, NBA 5330
- Graduate Business Elective
Other graduate management electives:
(6 or more credits as needed to total 30 credits, in addition to the required courses.)
Students will have the ability to select from a large number of graduate level management electives including:
- Business Analytics
- General Management and Business Law offered by the Johnson School, Dyson School and School of Hotel Administration.
These electives can be used to broaden a student’s skill set or to develop industry expertise in specific areas.