Family Business Readings
Suggested Readings for Family Business:
- Barrett, M. & Moores, K. (2009). Women in family business leadership roles: Daughters on the stage. Edward Elgar.
- Baumoel, D. & Tripp, B. (2016). Deconstructing Conflict: Understanding Family Business, Shared Wealth and Power. Continuity Media.
- Collier, C.W. (2002). Wealth in families. Harvard University.
- Colin, Larry & Laura (2008). Family Inc.: How to manage parents, siblings, spouses, children and in-laws in the family business. Career Press, NJ.
- Danco, Leon A. (1975). Beyond Survival: A Business Owner’s Guide for Success. The University Press.
- Dyer, Jr. W.G. (1986). Cultural change in family firms: Anticipating and managing business and family transitions. Jossey-Bass Publishers.
- Gersick, K.E., Davis, J.A., Hampton, M.M., & Lansberg, I. (1997). Generation to Generation: Life Cycles of the Family Business. Harvard Business School Press.
- Gordon, G. & Nicholson, N. (2008). Family Wars: Classic conflicts in family business and how to deal with them. Kogan Page Publishers.
- Green, M.T. (2011). Inside the multi-generational family business. Palgrave Macmillan Publishers.
- Hatum, A. (2007). Adaptation or expiration in family firms: Organizational flexibility in emerging economies. Northampton, MA, USA: Edward Elgar.
- Hess, E.D. (2006). The successful family business: A proactive plan for managing the family and the business. Praeger Publishers, Westport, CT.
- Hilburt-Davis J. and Dyer Jr. W.G. (2002). Consulting to family business: Contracting, assessment, and implementation (organizational development). Pfeiffer Publishing.
- Klein, Michael (2012). Trapped in the Family Business: A Practical Guide to Uncovering and Managing this Hidden Dilemma. MK Insights LLC.
- Lansberg, I. (1999). Succeeding generations: Realizing the dream of families in business. Harvard Business School Press.
- McCann, Greg 2007. When Your Parents Sign the Paychecks. JIST Works.
- Miller, D. & Le-Breton Miller, I. (2005). Managing for the long run: Lessons in Competitive Advantage from Great Family Businesses. Harvard Business School Press.
- Ward, J.L. (1987). Keeping the family business healthy: How to plan for continuing growth, profitability, and family leadership. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Ward, J.L. (1991). Creating effective boards for private enterprises: Meeting the challenges of continuity and competition. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.